Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let me hit you with some Knowledge

So, I have to admit something to you. I am studying to be a Pastor in the Nazarene Church, and I probably don't know the Nazarene Manual that well. I led a class of high school kids in a bible study tonight, and they had some tough questions that needed answers. I knew the answers, but had a memory block, or couldn't remember a particular word. I was trying to explain the Wesleyan Quadrilateral, and got Scripture, Tradition, and Reason out no problem... the last one was on the tip of my tongue, couldn't remember the word my brain was looking for... finally it dawned on me after having to look it up that it was experience, that was the part of the quadrilateral I was missing. I have to admit that I feel convicted not for a lack of knowledge and understanding of Nazarene doctrine, but at my ability to clearly communicate what I believe in words that make sense. This makes me a bit nervous for my district license interviews coming up this month.

No comments: