Saturday, February 21, 2015


Write in your journal an honest appraisal of your spiritual position. Discuss your spiritual growth in the last six months. What have been some of the obstacles to growth? What have been the spiritual victories you have recently experienced? What challenges has God given you to experience growth in the near future?

I feel that my spiritual growth has increased in the last six months. I have felt encouraged and uplifted as I have done a better job of consistently engaging in my personal devotion time. I think busyness has been the biggest obstacle to my growth. It seems like there is not enough time in the day to get everything done that is required of me, so much that I just crash after a long day of work. for victories, I have found encouragement in our fundraising for our adoption, as God has continued to open door after door on our behalf to make it possible for us to adopt. God is so good, and I think part of his blessing comes from the greater commitment to grow spiritually. I think the challenge I am going to undertake is simply continuing to develop and grow in my own spiritual disciplines, and being willing to try new disciplines in my spiritual growth, and increasing my willingness to engage in works of service, even those that make me uncomfortable. 

No comments: