Friday, February 13, 2015

Think of two or three persons who in your understanding best exemplify the character of Jesus Christ. What sets them apart from the rest of the people you know? 

The people in my life that I believe best exemplify the character of Jesus have two very important characteristics that I believe set them apart from the rest of the people I know. The first of these is being relational. They take the time to get to know people, to invest in their lives, to hear their stories, to be on their level, understanding where they are coming from, and seeing the potential in who they become in Christ. The second trait is humility. They are not interested in getting a pat on the back, a big promotion, or notoriety for their efforts. Their greater concern is knowing, loving, and serving Jesus in the best way they know how to. This focus on Christ helps keep their ego in check; this is the kind of person I aspire to be.