Sunday, February 8, 2015

Toward whom have I recently shown gratitude?

Recently, I was giving gratitude towards my Senior Pastor. I had an instance arise where I felt led to talk about a difficult issue in the Spiritual realm that frequently crosses into the Political spectrum. I felt led to give my teens a Biblical perspective on the issue, but had some concerns for what parents might say in addressing the issue. When the night came to speak on it, my Senior Pastor was in the group, listening to my lesson. For the most part, he did not say anything until it came time for the question and answer session, and he provided greater insights than anything that I could have given to the group at that time. I was so thankful for him to be there, even when I felt nervous at having his presence there, potentially "grading" my work.