Saturday, July 28, 2012

Impacting my life.

How has God used people and/or events to fulfill His purpose for your life? Who are the people around you who most need you to bear witness to God’s goodness in your life? In my early years, my Parents played a significant role in guiding me towards God's purpose for me life. They did this by making sure I went to Church, that I learned about Jesus in the Church and in our home. They weren't perfect, but they excelled at loving me the way that Christ called them to love me, and sharing their faith so I could begin to make a faith of my own. I can remember another individual that God used to fulfill His purpose in my life. He goes by the name of Ben Elery Barnes. The Barnes showed his love for Christ through his love for me. He didn't have to be all preachy and teachy with me; he instead witnessed the love of Christ through his relationship with me. I can't remember a single sermon he preached, except for one that had something to do with toilets. But his love for Christ and his love for me impacted me in such a way that I committed myself to loving Christ and others in a similar fashion. I can think of several people that I need to bear witness of God's goodness. First off, I think of the young people that I minister to on a regular basis. They come from varying degrees of spirituality, and they need a tangible example of God's love for them through my actions. I also think of family and close friends that need this same thing, the same thing I received from those close to me in my younger years.

No comments: