Saturday, April 3, 2010

Visiting a Friend

I know this blog is supposed to be a log of my journey through the land of Living Ethical Lives, but I don't feel that it is really serving its intended purpose if it is not at times a carry all for living my life. So I feel the need to comment about the events of my day.

I had the opportunity today to accompany a young girl to jail to visit her father, who is a dear friend of mine. For the first time in my life, I had the opportunity to sit down and watch a father and daughter visit and converse with each other through a two inch sheet of plexi-glass. I left that visit stricken by the love this father had for his daughter. He didn't have to say it or express it in any way; you could see it in his eyes, and the way she responded to him. I have to admit it is something that goes beyond my comprehension, the love a father has for his daughter. It reminds me of the love my father has for me. It truly transcends all my human understanding. As Easter Sunday approaches at dawn, it was a good reminder to see the love a parent has for a child, and the kind of love that my abba father has for me.

No comments: