Sunday, February 21, 2010

Struggling to Stick With It

I have found journaling to be the most difficult component of my course of study. It is so easy to completely space out and forget to do it. I find myself almost on a nightly basis, saying "I will get it next time, I'll just do it in the morning." Two weeks later, and I have dropped the ball greatly!

So with this in mind, I recommit my efforts to maintaining my journal. This day I am charged to write how the New Testament informs moral reflection. I believe that the biggest informant of moral reflection is the person and life of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ turned the world upside down when he summed up all of the law and prophets with a commandment of Love. The love that Jesus Christ speaks of can easily guide moral actions. It seems so simple, but it isn't much more difficult than Love. All you need is love.

No comments: