Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Resources to Enrich the Soul and Mind

In this journal entry I am charged with listing and prioritizing resources that enrich the soul and mind. The first one that pops into my head is the Bible. I think the word of God should be the keynote to enriching the soul and mind. Also prayer, speaking to God. Relating to that is devotionals, especially the writings of my homeboy Oswald Chambers. Other ways to enrich the soul and mind are through education and worship, which can be gained at Sunday Morning Church services, or during a small group meeting. Other enrichment ideas are music, fellowship with family, friends and other believers, exercise, laughing, contemplating, silence... This list could go on and on. I guess I can make it into a top ten.

1) Prayer - direct dialogue with God.
2) Reading the Bible - Contact with the word of God.
3) Worship - Praising, honoring, serving God.
4) Education - learning more about God and his son Jesus Christ.
5 Devotions - Reading the works of others elaborating on God.
6) Fellowship - Fostering relationships among others.
7) Silence - Less me, more God.
8) Contemplation - Why do I choose to believe what I believe and why is it important?
9) Laughing - A simple pleasure of life taken for Granted.
10) Exercise - Clears the mind, refreshes the body, promotes overall health of the individual.

There you have it, my top ten list of ways to enrich the soul and the mind.

No comments: