Saturday, January 16, 2010

Welcome back for Living Ethical Lives

Greetings to all four of you who might take a gander at this blog:

Well it is that time again, time for another course of study module to come around. I have to admit that out of all the requirements that are due for the course of study, the journal component is the one I have the most difficulty keeping up with. For example, the class started last Monday, and this is my first journal post... 10 days later. Needless to say, I feel that I need to do a better job of this component!

This new course is titled "Living Ethical Lives". It brings a hope to the relativity that you find in secular Ethics. Secular Ethical Morality is relative to the individual: What is good for me may or may not be good for the guy sitting next to me. Theological ethics is grounded in the person of Jesus Christ and his word found in the holy scriptures. This doesn't mean that there aren't individual opinions and differences (have you seen all those denominations?), but that there is not a defeatist foundation of relativity. Our ethics are grounded in the grace of Jesus Christ!

With all this in mind, it is my hope that you will join me on this journey of ethical reflection. It should prove to be an interesting ride.

Jayson - Written in Cursivy letters

1 comment:

Robin said...

Yay - Jayson's back - which is akin to Jack is Back!! Whoo Hoo!