Friday, January 24, 2014

Recount one incident you had this week where the words that were spoken either helped heal or hurt a relationship.

I recall an instance where someone said something about a particular event that I found to be highly offensive. The individual made a blatantly racist remark, and it caught me off guard. He had a great laugh out of it, and I was so uncomfortable that I didn't really know what to say. I let him know that it was offensive on so many levels, but I don't believe he took me seriously. It is interesting how quickly something that is said can change your perception and perspective of who a person is. Sometimes, a simple sentence can completely wreck your credibility in the eyes of another person. We have to be very careful with what we say, lest we lead individuals astray.

No comments: