Sunday, January 12, 2014

Record your reflections about new things you learned today about two or three of your classmates. Write a one-sentence prayer for each of them.

I think one of the things that I have learned about my classmates is their level of commitment to this course work. In the discussions, some of them will write profound, thought provoking responses to the questions asked, while others will attempt to further the conversation with responses like "Amen", or "I agree!". Please give me something to work with! Feel free to disagree, to talk about the differences in your thinking! Please contribute more to the conversation than just a simple acknowledgement that you have attempted the bare minimum to complete the assignment.

"Lord, I pray that as the content of this study touches our hearts and minds, that we would be responsive to the power of your word to enlighten our thinking and further prepare us for the work you have set out for us."

No comments: