Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Reflect on a time when someone reached out to you in loving-kindness. When was the last time that you saw someone in need and responded in loving-kindness? I remember when I was younger, being ministered to by a youth leader. He genuinely was interested in me; he built a relationship with me, got to know me, shared himself with me. I think that is missing in a lot of relationships these days. Many people are hesitant to share themselves with others, I think for fear that they might lose something of themselves. This person looked in a different way, sharing himself for my sake. That is loving-kindness. I think when we are building relationships, we have a variety of opportunities to reach out to others in loving kindness. Too many times we are too busy to look around and see the need around us. I recently went and visited a friend in a nursing home, just to cheer them up. It was a blessing to me that I could be a blessing to them. Often times we don't recognizes the benefits we get of being a blessing to another.

No comments: