Friday, September 5, 2014

Theme 3 implies that every Christian has a call to minister. What differences, if any, do you see between a call to full-time Christian service, such as pastoring, and God’s leading and gifting someone for other types of employment (teacher, builder, doctor, laborer, etc.)? · To what has God called you? What gifts have been given to you by God to allow you to fulfill His call?

I think the difference between those who are called to a "secular" vocation and those called to full-time ministry is the emphasis on leadership and direction. Those in the secular field are part of the "priesthood of all believers" and play their role in their world, job, vocation, etc. Those in full time ministry are there to help facilitate and develop those who are out in the "real" world, if you will. We are called to help those be prepared for works of service, out in their context.

I think God has called me to be a very good associate pastor / executive pastor. I could see myself being on staff, leading behind the scenes, not so much being the face of the franchise, but a major contributor in what goes unseen that makes things happen. I think God has given me gifts like planning and organization, vision casting, and the ability to promote that would make for a very good assistant / executive type role. 

No comments: