Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wesley's Via Media: Concluding Remarks

"Reflect on the wisdom and strength of Wesley’s via media."

As I have gone through the course work required for this module, I have to admit that I am impressed with the flexibility that Wesley's theology grants to all believers. I love that Wesley stays true to the essential tenets of the faith, namely that Jesus Christ came to seek and to save that which was lost. As for the non-essential stuff like the end times, age of the earth, even issues of polity and church structure, these he allows to be left up to personal opinion. I think we can truly achieve unity when we don't have to stand behind lines drawn in the sand. Wesley's via media allows us to be united under the Salvation of Jesus Christ even though we might share differences in opinion on a variety of matters. Such unity strengthens us as joint-heirs with Jesus Christ.

No comments: