Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wesley's Redemption Stories

“I will show you him that was a lion till then and is now a lamb; him that was a drunkard and is now exemplarily sober; the whoremonger that was who now abhors the very ‘garment spotted by the flesh.’ These are my living arguments for what I assert, namely, ‘that God does now, as aforetime, give remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Ghost even to us and to our children; yea, and that always suddenly as far as I have known, and often in dreams or in the visions of God.’ If it be not so, I am found a false witness before God. For these things I do, and by His grace, will testify.”

I love being able to read the redemption stories that Wesley experienced. It is my hope that as I continue to grow in my ministry that I can recall individuals that I have encountered who have similar stories happen in their lives. I want to be able to look back and give God the praise for the life-changing work he is doing through me in the lives of the young people that I am engaged in ministry with.

No comments: