Sunday, May 29, 2011

Amazing Grace

The prompt for this post is to sing Amazing Grace and discuss the power of the song and how it impacts me:

Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound, that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost, but now am found, was blind but now I see...

My Chains are gone, I've been set free, My God my savior, has ransomed me, and like a flood his mercy reigns... unending love, Amazing Grace.

I know that is the modern, Chris Tomlin version, but that to me is the power of the song. Because of that Amazing Grace, I have been set free. I have been ransomed from the sins I had no way of getting away from. His mercy reigns over my life, granting me the best life I can possibly have, both right now, and in the lifetime to come. His grace truly is Amazing, and I am glad that I am found, and that I can see.

No comments: