Saturday, March 14, 2015

Reflect on at least one personal crisis in your own life. How did you feel when the crisis came. How did you find help to deal with the crisis? In what ways did the Holy Spirit minister to you directly and through other people? What are some lessons you have learned through this crisis?

Wow, I have had some crises in my life that have been overwhelming and frustrating all at the same time. One in particular came about when I did not even realize I was in the midst of crisis. Unbeknownst to me, a very important relationship was near a breaking point, and I had no clue. I was flabbergasted; I was completely unaware of how dangerously close this relationship was to be unrepairable. I was able to seek solace in finally having a dialogue with this person, letting them air out their frustrations and actually taking the time to listen. It was so good to be able to see their side of the situation, because I had no clue from my perspective that there was even a problem. I think the Holy Spirit ministered to me in showing me not to be so self absorbed and focused on what I was doing, but to humble myself and take the time to listen to others around me, to seek their interests before my own. 

No comments: