Thursday, February 6, 2014

What is God teaching you about how you personally handle conflict in your life? · How can “speaking the truth in love” help you to gain greater understanding of those with whom you have conflict? · What conflicts have you delayed resolving?

I think for me the handling of conflict is a tricky proposition. I tend to lie in the school of the "passive / aggressive" type. Often the way I handle conflict is to block it out, to hold my frustrations in, until they eventually explode in a situation that is not becoming of an individual. I have to be willing to clearly communicate the issues that I am having in an open forum; too often I let things pick at me. Speaking the truth in love allows me to express my feelings before it builds up and festers into something greater than it ever needed to be.

I can't think of any conflicts that I need to resolve; I feel like certain conflicts need space for perspective before a resolution can come to pass. When we distance ourselves from the situation a bit, we are better able to understand every side of the story. 

No comments: